featured
mind your manners click to read our chatbox rules
open threads

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

questions?
LAUZ lauz she/her est Offline
734 posts
fandom heartsigh
age immortal
occupation queen
species god
prefers she/her
ADMIN
award cabinet
questions?
ask a staff member
do you have a question about something you haven't seen covered on the site? if so, just post it here. this is helpful if an admin or mod isn't around to help you in the chatbox; we'll get to it at our earliest convenience! you'll also find an FAQ below of questions that have been asked before.
whisk away your heartsigh

734 posts
fandom heartsigh
age immortal
occupation queen
species god
prefers she/her
ADMIN
award cabinet
faq
the list of questions
so wait, how does my character end up in elysion?
the simple fact is that each character is pulled from their world at a seemingly random time (whatever canon point you choose) and plopped into elysion. there's no rhyme or reason to it, at least that people have been able to figure out yet, and so everyone sort of accepts it as fact. this is, after all, their new home, as there is also no known way to return to their original worlds. there is no specific place that a character winds up when they first arrive, they can land anywhere in the world that you want, its completely up to you! elysion is set up like a wheel, with the capitol being the central hub and the other sectors branching off around it as the spokes. there are ID systems set in place by the capitol that are required for those that want to find a job or who wish to purchase more adult things, such as alcohol.

how does the ID system work?
the ID system was created by terminus officials in tandem with the mayor for use throughout all of elysion. the process is painless and uncomplicated, taking less than two minutes to complete. when obtaining an ID, a character must report to specific office in their chosen sector. there, officials will collect all the important information about said character and then imprint the ID information into their blood stream at their wrist. this results in a small mark, no bigger than a freckle, that signifies the location of the data port. this data is also sent to the NERVE system which stores all of the registered citizens of elysion. IDs can be read with a simple scanner that is available anywhere that needs an ID--such as schools, liqueur stores, employment agencies, and by police officers to name a few.

how does transportation work then?
most of the places have modern styles of transportation. there is currently a train route that connects all of the sectors together and is free as public transport. personal transportation includes cars and bikes, though it's dependent on the sector. a place like zephyr is less likely to have roads and therefore cars will be nearly non-existent there. however, places like the capitol or the technologically advanced terminus will have a wider variety of options. there is no air travel available, so no airplanes or helicopters, or other air vehicles. there are boats, but they're limited by size and mainly used for business purposes such as fishing and transporting goods between the sectors.

i'm not sure if the character i want to play is allowed here, how do i know?
the best course of action is to ask. that's what we have this thread for, of course! so if you have any doubt in your mind that your character might be a little bit risky to app, before you put in all the hard work of writing one up, please ask! the staff team will always try their best to answer your questions as quickly and efficiently as possible.

how long does it take to get accepted?
keep in mind that since this is a panfandom site, there is a huge amount of characters you're able to make! that being said, it's not unusual that someone apps a character that no one on the staff team is familiar with, and because of that, we all make sure to do research on said character to ensure that we've got a good grasp on them so we can properly accept it. 1-3 days is typical, so please be patient! we surely haven't forgotten you.

can i play more than one main character from a large fandom?
there are some fandoms that are so vast, (for example, hetalia or haikyuu!!) that they have a multitude of characters that never interact with each other (or don't often enough for it to be a problem). for cases like this, that's perfectly fine (ie: lauz plays both canada and southern italy from hetalia)--but please ask a staff member first! we'd prefer if you stuck to one main character per certain fandoms unless you ask a staff member.

what's the activity limit? how often do we need to post with our character(s)?
we understand real life can be unpredictable and we're all busy! we expect a post per month from each character, minimum! not too bad at all, right? if you can't be active to our standards, we ask that you maybe limit your number of characters. at the very least, if you're going to be busy, make sure you make an away message and update it regularly. please talk to the staff about things!

what sort of animation/literature isn't allowed on heartsigh?
we accept all types of drawn/animated content. for example, manga, anime, comic books, graphic novels, video games, cartoons. what we don't accept, however, are silent protagonists (see the question below), and those that don't have visual models, or face models, as well as more adult western cartoons. in that case, as with south park, family guy, etc, we feel they're just not the sort of image that we're going for here. we certainly accept western cartoons--steven universe, adventure time, etc--but there are a lot we won't accept, so please ask first. we also don't accept characters that don't have some kind of detailed history; vocaloids, for example, and anything based in real-life mediums. something that will be asked a lot, we're sure, is about touken ranbu--there is a scheduled anime coming up and, until that comes out, those characters aren't allowed. that goes for most mobile card type games unless the character has visible personality and some kind of history to base off of. if you're unsure, please ask! that goes for everything.

what is a silent protagonist and why can't we play them?
a silent protagonist is any character that has a personality and story that is totally dependent on the player--they don't have enough information about them out there, maybe they're customizable. for example, many rpg games (such as the inquisitor, from dragon age: inquisition) have options of different paths, different discussion choices--in a sense, they are more of an original character than one that is set in stone by the creators; those characters will never be allowed. further examples: frisk or chara from undertale, link from the zelda series, the female protag from the persona series. sometimes we will allow a character like this, but like with everything, you must ask us first. we'd be more inclined to allow members that we trust to play characters like this.

if i choose one sector to put my character in and decide i want them to move, what do i do?
yes absolutely! sometimes our gut instinct of where to place our characters in this world is...not perfectly suited for them! we completely understand, we've all been there! all you have to do to change your character's membergroup is post in moderation, and make sure to modify your member directory, and post your character's change in the occupation claim!

what if i don't have the ability to create graphics for my character?
fear not! there are multiple members on the site, both staff and otherwise who are more than happy to help! the most proper way to go about this, however, is to post in the general chatter forum. just start a new topic asking for graphic help, (link some photos you'd like to be turned into your avatar, etc.) and guaranteed, someone will come to your rescue and is happy to do so!

if there's a problem between myself and another member, whether it's staff or not, what should i do?
this is important, come to the staff first. RP is supposed to be fun, we want to make sure there are as little problems as possible, but we know that they do come up and happen every now and then. perhaps it's not even a problem that is between you and another person on the site, so much as--they say something that makes you uncomfortable in the cbox. this is a perfectly legitimate reason to approach staff, so please do not be afraid to do so!

and if it is involving the staff, please approach any other staff member you feel comfortable with, and explain to them the issue. again, this is supposed to be fun, and the staff is, ultimately here to make the site run smoothly, and help anyone who needs it!

my character is unemployed, so do i have to claim that in the occupation list?
nope! but if your character ever does become employed, please post in the occupation claim to let us know to take them off the list.

is there a character limit?
absolutely not. it comes down to the amount of characters you think you can handle. if you're only able to play 1 character? perfect! say you are able to do 5, or 10! or more! go ahead! do keep in mind that we will have activity checks every month, so stay on top of your character's activity! as said before, a post a month from each character is standard, though we'd love for you to go above and beyond. get involved in plotting, in our community, that's what we're here for! so keep that in mind when applying for more characters.

how old/young can my character be?
first, we ask that you keep your character relatively close in age to the canon point where you've pulled them from. so if they are 15 at the point you've pulled them then you're allowed to age them up a bit, however, this is time that they've spent in elysion and should be counted as so. if we find that it is unreasonable, we will ask for the age to be adjusted. as for a limit on how young, we ask that no character be younger than 10! anything younger than that is considered an npc and cannot be played on heartsigh.

if someone has an app in progress/pending but no reserve for that character and i reserve them, who is allowed to apply for said character?
on heartsigh its all about the reserves, but it depends on how long the character has been sitting there unfinished. we want you to give each other some amount of respect, and sniping characters out from underneath one another doesn't make for a welcoming community. we want everyone to reserve the character they want, even if they don't think someone else will want said character. if a reserve runs out and an application is sitting there, yes, you are welcome to reserve that character. however, please be polite about it--do not suddenly reserve a character if the prior application has only been up for a day or two. just use your discretion and be considerate. even still, we value the reserves, that's what they're there for, so please use them.

i feel like someone's playing their character wrong, what should i do?
if you have a genuine concern that someone has characterized their character improperly, come to the staff about it. it's natural that characters will develop in threads, and may be different from their application, and if you notice something that is drastically out of character, definitely tell us! staff will keep a close watch on it and act accordingly, but we also ask that if it's just a personal headcanon that you have, and isn't a serious concern, keep in mind everyone has their own interpretation of characters. please do not approach the member and try to explain to them what they're doing wrong. leave that to the staff.

what are representative guardians and what do they do?
so there are 5 representatives: one in terminus, one in zephyr, one in cascata, one in vesper, and one in halycon. (there are no representatives in the capitol, since that's the central city and where the mayor lives, and the representatives are basically like the presidents/elected officials of each sector, aside from pandora) now, since the representatives are the leaders of each sector, they need guards! that's where our representative guardians come in, each rep gets 5 guardians, and they're basically secret service. do they get special treatment? sure, there definitely comes perks with being close to the representative, but in the end they're there to protect the representative and make sure that they are safe at public events and the like.

are we allowed multiple reserves on characters?
of course! basically it's up to you--if you think you can realistically handle making one character, getting that application accepted and getting 10 posts on that character in order to make a second one on reserve, go ahead. so yes, you're definitely allowed, but be realistic with yourself! if you're a really slow app-writer, maybe it's best to just reserve one character at a time. also don't go overboard! we don't want people having 5 reserved characters at a time, so again it really comes down to what you can handle.

can the personas from the persona games work here?
they can indeed but only in terminus. terminus, being the sector of great technology, is the only place sophisticated enough for the personas to work outside of the tv world; its got all the technology you can imagine + more advanced things that you'd see in futuristic sci-fi genres. its more than equipped to allow the persona characters to summon their personas.

whisk away your heartsigh

ANA AMARI Cascade she/her Pacific Offline
130 posts
fandom Overwatch
age Sixty
occupation Bounty Hunter
species Human
prefers She/Her
WAYFARER
award cabinet
Heya! So this might seem like an odd question, but is it ok for characters to reference certain real-world media? Like for example, a character might enjoy a real-life artist like Lenny Kravitz or mention that their favorite movie is Free Willy in their canonical source (those are just random examples, I have no idea if there's a character out there who mentions either of those things), sort of like how Reinhardt in Overwatch is like "I LOVE DAVID HASSELHOFF," and I was wondering if it would be acceptable or not for someone to bring up those things in-character?

BRE bre she/her est Offline
308 posts
fandom earth-616
age twenty one
occupation bitch boy
species demi-god
prefers she/her
ADMIN
award cabinet
Cascade, this was a totally reasonable question! So we already had the idea that this was acceptable tbh. As long as it is in the characters' canon, it's acceptable. So Reinhardt would still love David Hasselhoff despite there actually being no Hasselhoff in this world. Everything that they know/is relevant in the characters' canon is a-okay - just keep it reasonable, yanno? Like don't take someone from a medieval setting type story (think Fire Emblem or Dragon Age) and make them know all about like One Direction and current world events.

Tl;dr THIS IS OKAY TO DO. Just make it reasonable and something they'd know from their world (ie: Reinhardt can still love Hasselhoff).

130 posts
fandom Overwatch
age Sixty
occupation Bounty Hunter
species Human
prefers She/Her
WAYFARER
award cabinet
Aaand I'm back again. Hi!

So I know that some movies, shows, and games come out at different times around the world, and I was wondering if someone wanted to app a character from recently released media, would they have to wait for said media to be released worldwide, or just in your own area? Like, if a Disney movie came out in the US but isn't going to be released elsewhere for another month, would you have to wait a month before trying to app a character from that movie, or would you be able to app them right away?

CHRISTINE christine she/her est Offline
164 posts
fandom heartsigh
age 1700
occupation crazy cat lady
species other
prefers she/her
ADMIN
award cabinet
hey cascade!!
this is totally fine, if a movie comes out in one part of the world before another, it's still alright to reserve and app that character, so long as there's enough information available online about their personality/history and the like. so definitely, you can do that!

<>
HANAMURA YOSUKE
0 posts
fandom
species
prefers
award cabinet
It's dare time.
Uhm, on a more serious note I have a few question for you!

First a question for persona users, can they summon their personas? Would it be limited to certain areas? Honestly I can't foresee ever actually needing to use this information, but it's good to know beforehand hah.

Second question! I'm pretty sure I know the anwser, but I just want to be sue!
Would one be able to app a character from the Bionicle franchise? The old one, not the recent reboot (that one doesn't have enough content for me to work with imo haha). It has comics, animated shorts, full length movies.
(The character in question would be one of the Piraka if that influences anything???)

734 posts
fandom heartsigh
age immortal
occupation queen
species god
prefers she/her
ADMIN
award cabinet
yo yo yo ok so personas! the verdict is probably. since the whole place is powered by terminus tech. i don't see there being anywhere that they wouldn't show up...well, maybe parts of pandora and zephyr. i think they'd be easiest to summon in terminus, then the capitol, halcyon, vesper, cascata, and then pandora & zephyr being last.

as for the bionnacle one...H M M M i guess i'd have to see just what you're talking about, because i'm not entirely sure myself. i know there's an animated series and stuff for them, so i mean, that would be fine. as long as there's some media that you can pull from? its like monster high, you feel me? a toy line, but also animated content.

<>
HANAMURA YOSUKE
0 posts
fandom
species
prefers
award cabinet
Awesome, thanks!

I can't actually seem to have much luck at finding the comics or such online, so I might just stick with one of the characters I know are in the animated movies if I do end up making one. Thanks again <3

130 posts
fandom Overwatch
age Sixty
occupation Bounty Hunter
species Human
prefers She/Her
WAYFARER
award cabinet
Hello!

So I was considering trying out Qrow from RWBY, but I wasn't entirely sure if he's one of the unplayable RWBY characters? If I can't app him, then it's no big deal, just figured I'd stop by and check!

164 posts
fandom heartsigh
age 1700
species other
prefers she/her
ADMIN
award cabinet
hey cascade! qrow is absolutely playable, and we're sure you'll do a great job with him if you app him! so go right ahead! c:

130 posts
fandom Overwatch
age Sixty
occupation Bounty Hunter
species Human
prefers She/Her
WAYFARER
award cabinet
Awesome, thanks for getting back to me Christine! c:

<>
GRIMMJOW JAEGERJAQUEZ
0 posts
fandom
species
prefers
award cabinet
Hello! So I was considering posting a thread in the past / future forum. I really want to rp Grimmjow in his past form, but I was wondering if it could take place in Elysion? What I mean is, he regresses to his past self except he's still in Elysion instead of in his original world, if that makes sense. Is that possible, or would you rather I kept him in his original world to avoid confusion? Thanks!

164 posts
fandom heartsigh
age 1700
species other
prefers she/her
ADMIN
award cabinet
GRIMMJOW JAEGERJAQUEZ hey remy! so this is totally fine! it'd probably make sense to do it strictly in the AU section, rather than the past/future forum section! but yeah this is totally acceptable c:

<>
GRIMMJOW JAEGERJAQUEZ
0 posts
fandom
species
prefers
award cabinet
CHRISTINE Well, I thought about the AU section too but I wasn't sure if putting an AU of Elysion was acceptable? But thank you for getting back to me!

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll